Central European Summer Time is 7 hours ahead of
5:00 pm17:00 in CEST is 10:00 am10:00 in -05
CET to -05 call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 2pm-6pm in CET which corresponds to 8am-12pm in -05
5:00 pm17:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST). Offset UTC +2:00 hours
10:00 am10:00 (-05). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
5:00 pm17:00 CEST / 10:00 am10:00 -05
Central European Time
Offset: CET is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Andorra, Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Algeria, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Slovakia, San Marino, Tunisia, Vatican City
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CET timezone is Berlin from Germany with population about 3.426 million people. Other major cities in the area are Madrid, Rome, Paris, Algiers
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Central European Summer Time (CEST).
End: CET ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 28 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: CET starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 31 October 2021, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
German: MEZ - Mitteleuropäische Zeit
CET representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for CET
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- GMT - GMT
- +01 -
Offset: -05 is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
Principal Cities: The largest city in the -05 timezone is Lima from Peru with population about 7.737 million people. Other major cities in the area are Bogota, Cali, Medellin, Guayaquil
Daylight Saving: (-05) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places switch clocks for one hour back and observe (-06).Start: (-05) started and clocks were set one hour forward on Saturday, 04 September 2021, at 22:00 (22:00 pm) local time. End: (-05) ends and clocks are set one hour back on Saturday, 02 April 2022, at 22:00 (22:00 pm) local time.
-05 representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for -05
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -
- CWT -