AEST is NOT in use by many locationsAEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) is used instead. Switch to AEDT time zone or select one of the cities Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane for automatic timezone change.
Australian Eastern Standard Time is 1 hour ahead of Korea Standard Time
6:30 pm18:30 in AEST is 5:30 pm17:30 in KST
AEST to KST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 9am-6pm in AEST which corresponds to 8am-5pm in KST
6:30 pm18:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Offset UTC +10:00 hours
5:30 pm17:30 Korea Standard Time (KST). Offset UTC +9:00 hours
6:30 pm18:30 AEST / 5:30 pm17:30 KST
Australian Eastern Standard Time
Offset: AEST is 10 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Australia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Australia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AEST timezone is Sydney from Australia with population about 4.627 million people. Other major cities in the area are Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
End: AEST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 03 October 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: AEST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 03 April 2022, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) is used in Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Australian Capital Territory and in folling major cities Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
Only part of Australia observe daylight saving. It is used in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory. Daylight saving is not observed in Queensland, Western Australia or the Northern Territory.
AEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +10 - basic short
- +1000 - basic
- +10:00 - extended
- +1000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (10) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates ten hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Kilo - Military abbreviation for AEST
- K - short form of 'Kilo'
- AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
- CHUT - Chuuk Time
- ChST - Chamorro Standard Time
- K - Kilo Time Zone
- KDT - Korea Daylight Time
- PGT - Papua New Guinea Time
- VLAT - Vladivostok Time
- YAKST - Yakutsk Summer Time
- YAPT - Yap Time
- PNGT - Papua New Guinea Time
- CT - Chuuk Time
- VST - Vladivostok Standard Time
Korea Standard Time
Offset: KST is 9 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Korea (North), Korea (South)
Principal Cities: The largest city in the KST timezone is Seoul from South Korea with population about 10.349 million people. Other major cities in the area are Busan, Pyongyang, Incheon, Daegu
Daylight Saving: Korea Standard Time (KST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore KST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Korea Standard Time remains the same
KST representations, usage and related time zones
- +09 - basic short
- +0900 - basic
- +09:00 - extended
- +0900 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- India - Military abbreviation for KST
- I - short form of 'India'
- Korea Standard Time - UTC +9
- Pyongyang Time - UTC +8:30
- Krasnoyarsk Standard Time - UTC +7
- AWDT - Australian Western Daylight Time
- CHOST - Choibalsan Summer Time
- I - India Time Zone
- IRKST - Irkutsk Summer Time
- JST - Japan Standard Time
- KST - Korea Standard Time
- PWT - Palau Time
- TLT - East Timor Time
- ULAST - Ulaanbaatar Summer Time
- WIT - Eastern Indonesian Time
- YAKT - Yakutsk Time
- +09 -