AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Offset: AEST is 10 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Australia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Australia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AEST timezone is Sydney from Australia with population about 4.627 million people. Other major cities in the area are Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
Start: AEST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, April 5, 2020, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
End: AEST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, October 4, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Claremont, Australia representations, usage and related time zones
- +10 - basic short
- +1000 - basic
- +10:00 - extended
- +1000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (10) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates ten hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Kilo - Military abbreviation for AEST
- K - short form of 'Kilo'
Time zones with the GMT +10 offset:
- AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
- CHUT - Chuuk Time
- ChST - Chamorro Standard Time
- K - Kilo Time Zone
- KDT - Korea Daylight Time
- PGT - Papua New Guinea Time
- VLAT - Vladivostok Time
- YAKST - Yakutsk Summer Time
- YAPT - Yap Time
- +10 -
- JDT -