AEST is NOT in use by many locationsAEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) is used instead. Switch to AEDT time zone or select one of the cities Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane for automatic timezone change.
India Standard Time is 4 hours and 30 minutes behind of Australian Eastern Standard Time
1:00 pm13:00 in IST is 5:30 pm17:30 in AEST
IST to AEST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-1:30pm in IST which corresponds to 12:30pm-6pm in AEST
1:00 pm13:00 India Standard Time (IST). Offset UTC +5:30 hours
5:30 pm17:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Offset UTC +10:00 hours
1:00 pm13:00 IST / 5:30 pm17:30 AEST
|12am (midnight)||4:30 am|
|12pm (noon)||4:30 pm|
India Standard Time
Offset: IST is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: India
Principal Cities: The largest city in the IST timezone is Mumbai from India with population about 12.692 million people. Other major cities in the area are Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai
Daylight Saving: India Standard Time (IST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore IST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, India Standard Time remains the same
IST representations, usage and related time zones
- +0530 - basic
- +05:30 - extended
- +0530 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates five hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- India Standard Time - UTC +5:30
- Irish Standard Time - UTC +1
- Israel Standard Time - UTC +2
- Iran Standard Time - UTC +3:30
Australian Eastern Standard Time
Offset: AEST is 10 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Australia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Australia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AEST timezone is Sydney from Australia with population about 4.627 million people. Other major cities in the area are Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
End: AEST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 03 October 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: AEST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 03 April 2022, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) is used in Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Australian Capital Territory and in folling major cities Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
Only part of Australia observe daylight saving. It is used in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory. Daylight saving is not observed in Queensland, Western Australia or the Northern Territory.
AEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +10 - basic short
- +1000 - basic
- +10:00 - extended
- +1000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (10) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates ten hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Kilo - Military abbreviation for AEST
- K - short form of 'Kilo'
- AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
- CHUT - Chuuk Time
- ChST - Chamorro Standard Time
- K - Kilo Time Zone
- KDT - Korea Daylight Time
- PGT - Papua New Guinea Time
- VLAT - Vladivostok Time
- YAKST - Yakutsk Summer Time
- YAPT - Yap Time
- PNGT - Papua New Guinea Time
- CT - Chuuk Time
- VST - Vladivostok Standard Time