EST (Eastern Standard Time) is 5 hours behind of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and 6 hours behind of CET (Central European Time) and 13 hours behind of AWST (Australian Western Standard Time)
So 5:00 am05:00 in New York City, New York, USA is 10:00 am10:00 in London, United Kingdom and is 11:00 am11:00 in Stockholm, Sweden and is 6:00 pm18:00 in Perth, Australia
5:00 am05:00 EST (Eastern Standard Time) (New York City, New York, USA). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
10:00 am10:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) (London, United Kingdom). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
11:00 am11:00 CET (Central European Time) (Stockholm, Sweden). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
6:00 pm18:00 AWST (Australian Western Standard Time) (Perth, Australia). Offset UTC +8:00 hours
5:00 am05:00 New York City, New York, USA / 10:00 am10:00 London, United Kingdom / 11:00 am11:00 Stockholm, Sweden / 6:00 pm18:00 Perth, Australia
|New York City, New York, USA||London, United Kingdom||Stockholm, Sweden||Perth, Australia|
EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Start: EST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: EST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
New York City, New York, USA representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
Time zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -
- CWT -
GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
London, United Kingdom representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -
CET (Central European Time)
Offset: CET is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Andorra, Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Algeria, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Slovakia, San Marino, Tunisia, Vatican City
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CET timezone is Berlin from Germany with population about 3.426 million people. Other major cities in the area are Madrid, Rome, Paris, Algiers
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Start: CET started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
End: CET ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
German: MEZ - Mitteleuropäische Zeit
Stockholm, Sweden representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for CET
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
Time zones with the GMT +1 offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- +01 -
AWST (Australian Western Standard Time)
Offset: AWST is 8 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Australia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Australia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AWST timezone is Perth from Australia with population about 1.897 million people. Other major cities in the area are Rockingham, Mandurah, Bunbury, Armadale
Daylight Saving: Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore AWST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Australian Western Standard Time remains the same
Perth, Australia representations, usage and related time zones
- +08 - basic short
- +0800 - basic
- +08:00 - extended
- +0800 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Hotel - Military abbreviation for AWST
- H - short form of 'Hotel'
Time zones with the GMT +8 offset:
- ACT - ASEAN Common Time
- AWST - Australian Western Standard Time
- BNT - Brunei Darussalam Time
- CAST - Casey Time
- CHOT - Choibalsan Time
- CST - China Standard Time
- H - Hotel Time Zone
- HKT - Hong Kong Time
- HOVST - Hovd Summer Time
- IRKT - Irkutsk Time
- KRAST - Krasnoyarsk Summer Time
- MYT - Malaysia Time
- PHT - Philippine Time
- SGT - Singapore Time
- ULAT - Ulaanbaatar Time
- WITA - Central Indonesian Time
- +08 -