Cuba Standard Time is 1 hour ahead of Galapagos Time
5:00 pm17:00 in CST is 4:00 pm16:00 in GALT
CST to GALT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 9am-6pm in CST which corresponds to 8am-5pm in GALT
5:00 pm17:00 Cuba Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
4:00 pm16:00 Galapagos Time (GALT). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
5:00 pm17:00 CST / 4:00 pm16:00 GALT
Cuba Standard Time
Offset: CST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Caribbean
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Cuba, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CST timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Havana, Houston, Iztapalapa
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Start: CST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: CST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
CST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for CST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- Central Standard Time - UTC -6
- China Standard Time - UTC +8
- Cuba Standard Time - UTC -5
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -