Y to AKST Converter
Yankee Time Zone is 4 hours behind Alaska Daylight Time
11:00 am11:00 in Y is 3:00 pm15:00 in AKDT
Y to AKST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-3pm in Y which corresponds to 11am-6pm in AKST
11:00 am11:00 Yankee Time Zone (Y). Offset UTC -12:00 hours
3:00 pm15:00 Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT). Offset UTC -8:00 hours
11:00 am11:00 Y / 3:00 pm15:00 AKDT
Yankee Time Zone
Offset: Y is 12 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Military
Y representations, usage and related time zones
- -12 - basic short
- -1200 - basic
- -12:00 - extended
- -1200 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (12) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates twelve hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Yankee - Military abbreviation for Y
- Y - short form of 'Yankee'
Alaska Standard Time
Offset: AKST is 9 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKST timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291,826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Daylight Saving: This is a standard time zone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT).
End: Alaska Standard Time (AKST) has ended on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 2:00 am local time and clocks were set one hour forward to Sunday, March 12, 2023, 3:00 am local daylight time instead. Standard time ends annually the on second Sunday of March.
Start: Alaska Standard Time (AKST) starts on Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 2:00 am local time and clocks are set one hour back to Sunday, November 5, 2023, 1:00 am. Standard time starts annually the on first Sunday of November.
AKST representations, usage and related time zones
- -09 - basic short
- -0900 - basic
- -09:00 - extended
- -0900 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Victor - Military abbreviation for AKST
- V - short form of 'Victor'
- AKST - Alaska Standard Time
- AHDT - Alaska-Hawaii Daylight Time
- HADT - Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time
- GAMT - Gambier Time
- HDT - Hawaii Daylight Time
- V - Victor Time Zone