Alaska Standard Time is 3 hours behind of Central Standard Time
5:00 am05:00 in AKST is 8:00 am08:00 in CST
AKDT to CST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-4pm in AKDT which corresponds to 10am-6pm in CST
5:00 am05:00 Alaska Standard Time (AKST). Offset UTC -9:00 hours
8:00 am08:00 Central Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
5:00 am05:00 AKST / 8:00 am08:00 CST
Alaska Daylight Time
Offset: AKDT is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKDT timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291,826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Daylight Saving: Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Alaska Standard Time (AKST).
End: AKDT ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: AKDT starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
AKDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -08 - basic short
- -0800 - basic
- -08:00 - extended
- -0800 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Uniform - Military abbreviation for AKDT
- U - short form of 'Uniform'
Time zones with the GMT -8 offset:
- AKDT - Alaska Daylight Time
- PST - Pacific Standard Time
- PT - Pacific Time
- YDT - Yukon Daylight Time
- PST - Pitcairn Standard Time
- U - Uniform Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Offset: CST is 6 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CST timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Houston, Iztapalapa, Ecatepec
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Start: CST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: CST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNC - Heure Normale du Centre
Spanish: CT - Tiempo Central Estándar, CT - Zona Centro
CST representations, usage and related time zones
- -06 - basic short
- -0600 - basic
- -06:00 - extended
- -0600 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (06) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates six hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Sierra - Military abbreviation for CST
- S - short form of 'Sierra'
CST Abbreviation: Several time zones share CST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Central Standard Time - UTC -6
- China Standard Time - UTC +8
- Cuba Standard Time - UTC -5
Time zones with the GMT -6 offset:
- CST - Central Standard Time
- CT - Central Time
- MDT - Mountain Daylight Time
- EAST - Easter Island Standard Time
- GALT - Galapagos Time
- S - Sierra Time Zone
- -06 -