Alaska Standard Time is 3 hours behind of Central Standard Time
So 4:00 am04:00 in AKST is 7:00 am07:00 in CST
4:00 am04:00 Alaska Standard Time (AKST). Offset UTC -9:00 hours
7:00 am07:00 Central Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
4:00 am04:00 AKST / 7:00 am07:00 CST
Alaska Daylight Time
Offset: AKDT is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKDT timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Daylight Saving: Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Alaska Standard Time (AKST).
End: AKDT ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: AKDT starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
AKDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -08 - basic short
- -0800 - basic
- -08:00 - extended
- -0800 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Uniform - Military abbreviation for AKDT
- U - short form of 'Uniform'
Time zones with the GMT -8 offset:
- AKDT - Alaska Daylight Time
- PST - Pacific Standard Time
- PT - Pacific Time
- YDT - Yukon Daylight Time
- PST - Pitcairn Standard Time
- U - Uniform Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Offset: CST is 6 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CST timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Houston, Iztapalapa, Ecatepec
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Start: CST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: CST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNC - Heure Normale du Centre
Spanish: CT - Tiempo Central Estándar, CT - Zona Centro
CST representations, usage and related time zones
- -06 - basic short
- -0600 - basic
- -06:00 - extended
- -0600 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (06) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates six hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Sierra - Military abbreviation for CST
- S - short form of 'Sierra'
CST Abbreviation: Several time zones share CST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Central Standard Time - UTC -6
- China Standard Time - UTC +8
- Cuba Standard Time - UTC -5
Time zones with the GMT -6 offset:
- CST - Central Standard Time
- CT - Central Time
- MDT - Mountain Daylight Time
- EAST - Easter Island Standard Time
- GALT - Galapagos Time
- S - Sierra Time Zone
- -06 -