Alaska Standard Time is 0 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Marquesas Time
5:30 am05:30 in AKST is 5:00 am05:00 in MART
AKST to MART call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8:30am-6pm in AKST which corresponds to 8am-5:30pm in MART
5:30 am05:30 Alaska Standard Time (AKST). Offset UTC -9:00 hours
5:00 am05:00 Marquesas Time (MART). Offset UTC -9:30 hours
5:30 am05:30 AKST / 5:00 am05:00 MART
|12am (midnight)||11:30 pm|
|12pm (noon)||11:30 am|
Alaska Standard Time
Offset: AKST is 9 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKST timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291,826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Start: Alaska Standard Time (AKST) started on Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 2:00 am local time and clocks were set one hour back to Sunday, November 5, 2023, 1:00 am. Standard time starts annually the on first Sunday of November.
End: Alaska Standard Time (AKST) ends on Sunday, March 10, 2024 at 2:00 am local time and clocks are set one hour forward to Sunday, March 10, 2024, 3:00 am local daylight time instead. Standard time starts annually the on second Sunday of March.
AKST representations, usage and related time zones
- -09 - basic short
- -0900 - basic
- -09:00 - extended
- -0900 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Victor - Military abbreviation for AKST
- V - short form of 'Victor'
- AKST - Alaska Standard Time
- AHDT - Alaska-Hawaii Daylight Time
- HADT - Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time
- GAMT - Gambier Time
- HDT - Hawaii Daylight Time
- V - Victor Time Zone
Offset: MART is 9 hours and 30 minutes behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Pacific
MART representations, usage and related time zones
- -0930 - basic
- -09:30 - extended
- -0930 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and thirty minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.