Alaska Standard Time is 9 hours behind of Universal Time Coordinated
So 4:00 pm16:00 in AKST is 1:00 am01:00 in UTC
4:00 pm16:00 Alaska Standard Time (AKST). Offset UTC -9:00 hours
1:00 am01:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
4:00 pm16:00 AKST / 1:00 am01:00 UTC
Alaska Standard Time
Offset: AKST is 9 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKST timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291,826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT).
Start: AKST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: AKST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
AKST representations, usage and related time zones
- -09 - basic short
- -0900 - basic
- -09:00 - extended
- -0900 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Victor - Military abbreviation for AKST
- V - short form of 'Victor'
Time zones with the GMT -9 offset:
- AKST - Alaska Standard Time
- AHDT - Alaska-Hawaii Daylight Time
- HADT - Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time
- YST - Yukon Standard Time
- GAMT - Gambier Time
- HDT - Hawaii Daylight Time
- V - Victor Time Zone
- -09 -
Universal Time Coordinated
Offset: UTC is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Universal
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the world time standard that regulates clocks and time. It is successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For casual use, UTC is the same as GMT, but is used by the scientific community.
UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world since 1972. It is used in many technical fields, like aviation industry and meteorologists, also used to synchronize time across internet networks.
UTC representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for UTC
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -