Alaska Daylight Time is 8 hours behind of Universal Time Coordinated
5:00 pm17:00 in AKDT is 1:00 am01:00 in UTC
AKST to UTC call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-10am in AKST which corresponds to 5pm-7pm in UTC
5:00 pm17:00 Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT). Offset UTC -8:00 hours
1:00 am01:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
5:00 pm17:00 AKDT / 1:00 am01:00 UTC
Alaska Standard Time
Offset: AKST is 9 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKST timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291,826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT).
End: AKST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: AKST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
AKST representations, usage and related time zones
- -09 - basic short
- -0900 - basic
- -09:00 - extended
- -0900 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Victor - Military abbreviation for AKST
- V - short form of 'Victor'
- AKST - Alaska Standard Time
- AHDT - Alaska-Hawaii Daylight Time
- HADT - Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time
- GAMT - Gambier Time
- HDT - Hawaii Daylight Time
- V - Victor Time Zone
- -09 -
Universal Time Coordinated
Offset: UTC is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Universal
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the world time standard that regulates clocks and time. It is successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For casual use, UTC is the same as GMT, but is used by the scientific community.
UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world since 1972. It is used in many technical fields, like aviation industry and meteorologists, also used to synchronize time across internet networks.
UTC representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for UTC
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- AST - Azores Summer Time