British Summer Time is 1 hour ahead of Universal Time Coordinated
So 10:49 AM10:49 in BST is 9:49 AM09:49 in UTC
10:49 AM10:49 British Summer Time (BST). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
9:49 AM09:49 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
10:49 AM10:49 BST / 9:49 AM09:49 UTC
British Summer Time
Offset: BST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Britain (UK), Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
Principal Cities: The largest city in the BST timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Saint Helier
Daylight Saving: British Summer Time (BST) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places switch clocks for one hour back and observe Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).Start: British Summer Time (BST) started and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 25, 2018, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time. End: British Summer Time (BST) ends and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, October 28, 2018, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
BST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for BST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
BST Abbreviation: Several time zones share BST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- British Summer Time - UTC +1:00 h
- Bangladesh Standard Time - UTC +6:00 h
- Bougainville Standard Time - UTC +11:00 h
Time zones with the GMT +1:00 h offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
Universal Time Coordinated
Offset: UTC is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Universal
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the world time standard that regulates clocks and time. It is successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For casual use, UTC is the same as GMT, but is used by the scientific community.
UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world since 1972. It is used in many technical fields, like aviation industry and meteorologists, also used to synchronize time across internet networks.
UTC representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for UTC
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT 0:00 h offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -