Central Daylight Time is 5 hours behind of Greenwich Mean Time
12:30 am00:30 in CDT is 5:30 am05:30 in GMT
CST to GMT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-1pm in CST which corresponds to 1pm-6pm in GMT
12:30 am00:30 Central Daylight Time (CDT). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
5:30 am05:30 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
12:30 am00:30 CDT / 5:30 am05:30 GMT
Cuba Standard Time
Offset: CST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Caribbean
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Cuba, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CST timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Havana, Houston, Iztapalapa
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Central Daylight Time (CDT).
End: CST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: CST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
CST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for CST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- Central Standard Time - UTC -6
- China Standard Time - UTC +8
- Cuba Standard Time - UTC -5
- Colombia Standard Time - UTC -5
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- ET - Ecuador Time
- PST - Peru Standard Time
- CST - Colombia Standard Time
- AST - Acre Standard Time
- -05 -
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
- Greenwich Mean Time - UTC +0
- GMT+06:00 - UTC +6
- GMT - UTC +1
- GMT+04:00 - UTC +4
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- AST - Azores Summer Time