Eastern Daylight Time
Offset: EDT is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EDT timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Eastern Standard Time (EST).
End: EDT ends annually the First Sunday of November at 2:00 AM local time and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 4, 2018, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EDT starts annually the Second Sunday of March at 2:00 AM local time and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 10, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAE - Heure Avancée de l'Est
Spanish: EDT - Tiempo de verano del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -04 - basic short
- -0400 - basic
- -04:00 - extended
- -0400 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates four hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Quebec - Military abbreviation for EDT
- Q - short form of 'Quebec'
Time zones with the GMT -4:00 h offset:
- AST - Atlantic Standard Time
- EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
- AMT - Amazon Time
- BOT - Bolivia Time
- CDT - Cuba Daylight Time
- CLT - Chile Standard Time
- FKT - Falkland Island Time
- GYT - Guyana Time
- PYT - Paraguay Time
- Q - Quebec Time Zone
- VET - Venezuelan Standard Time
- -04 -