Eastern Standard Time is 2 hours behind of Chile Summer Time
So 9:53 AM09:53 in EST is 11:53 AM11:53 in CLST
9:53 AM09:53 Eastern Standard Time (EST). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
11:53 AM11:53 Chile Summer Time (CLST). Offset UTC -3:00 hours
9:53 AM09:53 EST / 11:53 AM11:53 CLST
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Start: EST starts annually the First Sunday of November at 2:00 AM local time and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 6, 2016, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: EST ends annually the Second Sunday of March at 2:00 AM local time and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 12, 2017, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
Time zones with the GMT -5:00 h offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- CST -
- ACT -
Chile Standard Time
Offset: CLT is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in South America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Antarctica, Chile
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CLT timezone is Santiago from Chile with population about 4.837 million people. Other major cities in the area are Puente Alto, Antofagasta, Vina del Mar, Valparaiso
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Chile Summer Time (CLST).
End: CLT ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, August 14, 2016, at 0:00 (0:00 am) local time.
Start: CLT starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, May 14, 2017, at 0:00 (0:00 am) local time.
CLT representations, usage and related time zones
- -04 - basic short
- -0400 - basic
- -04:00 - extended
- -0400 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates four hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Quebec - Military abbreviation for CLT
- Q - short form of 'Quebec'
Time zones with the GMT -4:00 h offset:
- AST - Atlantic Standard Time
- EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
- AMT - Amazon Time
- BOT - Bolivia Time
- CDT - Cuba Daylight Time
- CLT - Chile Standard Time
- FKT - Falkland Island Time
- GYT - Guyana Time
- PYT - Paraguay Time
- Q - Quebec Time Zone
- CDT -
- VET -
- AST -