Eastern Daylight Time is 2 hours ahead of Mountain Daylight Time
So 5:02 AM05:02 in EDT is 3:02 AM03:02 in MDT
5:02 AM05:02 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
3:02 AM03:02 Mountain Daylight Time (MDT). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
5:02 AM05:02 EDT / 3:02 AM03:02 MDT
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
End: EST ends annually the Second Sunday of March at 2:00 AM local time and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 12, 2017, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EST starts annually the First Sunday of November at 2:00 AM local time and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, November 5, 2017, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
Time zones with the GMT -5:00 h offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -
- CST -
Mountain Daylight Time
Offset: MDT is 6 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the MDT timezone is Ciudad Juarez from Mexico with population about 1.512 million people. Other major cities in the area are Calgary, Chihuahua, Edmonton, El Paso
Daylight Saving: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places switch clocks for one hour back and observe Mountain Standard Time (MST).Start: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) starts annually the Second Sunday of March at 2:00 AM local time and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 12, 2017, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time. End: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) ends annually the First Sunday of November at 2:00 AM local time and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, November 5, 2017, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAR - Heure Avancée des Rocheuses
Spanish: MT - Zona Pacífico
MDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -06 - basic short
- -0600 - basic
- -06:00 - extended
- -0600 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (06) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates six hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Sierra - Military abbreviation for MDT
- S - short form of 'Sierra'
Time zones with the GMT -6:00 h offset:
- CST - Central Standard Time
- MDT - Mountain Daylight Time
- EAST - Easter Island Standard Time
- GALT - Galapagos Time
- S - Sierra Time Zone
- -06 -