Hawaii Standard Time is 1 hour ahead of Samoa Standard Time
So 4:26 pm16:26 in HST is 3:26 pm15:26 in SST
4:26 pm16:26 Hawaii Standard Time (HST). Offset UTC -10:00 hours
3:26 pm15:26 Samoa Standard Time (SST). Offset UTC -11:00 hours
4:26 pm16:26 HST / 3:26 pm15:26 SST
Hawaii Standard Time
Offset: HST is 10 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Pacific
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the HST timezone is Honolulu from USA with population about 371657 people. Other major cities in the area are Pearl City, Hilo, Kailua, Waipahu
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Hawaii Daylight Time (HDT).
End: HST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 10, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: HST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
HST representations, usage and related time zones
- -10 - basic short
- -1000 - basic
- -10:00 - extended
- -1000 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (10) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates ten hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Whiskey - Military abbreviation for HST
- W - short form of 'Whiskey'
Time zones with the GMT -10 offset:
- HAST - Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time
- CKT - Cook Island Time
- HST - Hawaii Standard Time
- TAHT - Tahiti Time
- W - Whiskey Time Zone
Samoa Standard Time
Offset: SST is 11 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Pacific
Countries: It is used in following countries: Samoa (American), US minor outlying islands
Principal Cities: The largest city in the SST timezone is Pago Pago from American Samoa with population about 11500 people.
Daylight Saving: Samoa Standard Time (SST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore SST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Samoa Standard Time remains the same
SST representations, usage and related time zones
- -11 - basic short
- -1100 - basic
- -11:00 - extended
- -1100 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (11) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eleven hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- X-ray - Military abbreviation for SST
- X - short form of 'X-ray'
Time zones with the GMT -11 offset:
- NUT - Niue Time
- SST - Samoa Standard Time
- X - X-ray Time Zone