Western European Time is 1 hours behind of MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
So 8:30 pm20:30 in WET is 9:30 pm21:30 in MEZ
8:30 pm20:30 Western European Time (WET). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
9:30 pm21:30 MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit (MEZ). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
8:30 pm20:30 WET / 9:30 pm21:30 MEZ
Western European Time
Offset: WET is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Spain, Faroe Islands, Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WET timezone is Lisbon from Portugal with population about 517802 people. Other major cities in the area are Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Amadora
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Western European Summer Time (WEST).
Start: WET started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: WET ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
German: WEZ - Westeuropäische Zeit
WET representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for WET
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -