ACST is NOT in use by many locationsACDT (Australian Central Daylight Time) is used instead. Switch to ACDT time zone or select one of the cities Adelaide, Darwin, Adelaide Hills for automatic timezone change.
Australian Central Standard Time is 9 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Greenwich Mean Time
9:00 am09:00 in ACST is 11:30 pm23:30 in GMT
ACST to GMT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 5:30pm-7:30pm in ACST which corresponds to 8am-10am in GMT
9:00 am09:00 Australian Central Standard Time (ACST). Offset UTC +9:30 hours
11:30 pm23:30 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
9:00 am09:00 ACST / 11:30 pm23:30 GMT
|12am (midnight)||2:30 pm|
|12pm (noon)||2:30 am|
Australian Central Standard Time
Offset: ACST is 9 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Australia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Australia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the ACST timezone is Adelaide from Australia with population about 1.225 million people. Other major cities in the area are Darwin, Adelaide Hills, Alice Springs, Palmerston
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT).
End: ACST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 04 October 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: ACST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 04 April 2021, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
ACST representations, usage and related time zones
- +0930 - basic
- +09:30 - extended
- +0930 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
- Greenwich Mean Time - UTC +0
- GMT-03:00 - UTC -3
- GMT+05:00 - UTC +5
- GMT+11:00 - UTC +11
- GMT+04:00 - UTC +4
- GMT - UTC +1
- GMT-01:00 - UTC -1
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone