Azores Time is 1 hours behind of Greenwich Mean Time
So 8:22 PM20:22 in AZOT is 9:22 PM21:22 in GMT
8:22 PM20:22 Azores Time (AZOT). Offset UTC -1:00 hours
9:22 PM21:22 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
8:22 PM20:22 AZOT / 9:22 PM21:22 GMT
Offset: AZOT is 1 hour behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Atlantic
Countries: It is used in following countries: Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AZOT timezone is Ponta Delgada from Portugal with population about 20,056 people.
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Azores Summer Time (AZOST).
Start: AZOT started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 30, 2016, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
End: AZOT ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 26, 2017, at 0:00 (0:00 am) local time.
AZOT representations, usage and related time zones
- -01 - basic short
- -0100 - basic
- -01:00 - extended
- -0100 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- November - Military abbreviation for AZOT
- N - short form of 'November'
Time zones with the GMT -1:00 h offset:
- EGT - East Greenland Time
- AZOT - Azores Time
- CVT - Cape Verde Time
- N - November Time Zone
- CVT -
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
GMT Abbreviation: Several time zones share GMT abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Greenwich Mean Time - UTC 0:00 h
- - UTC 0:00 h
Time zones with the GMT 0:00 h offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- WET -
- GMT -