Greenwich Mean Time is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Newfoundland Standard Time
So 7:00 am07:00 in GMT is 3:30 am03:30 in NST
7:00 am07:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
3:30 am03:30 Newfoundland Standard Time (NST). Offset UTC -3:30 hours
7:00 am07:00 GMT / 3:30 am03:30 NST
|12am (midnight)||8:30 pm|
|12pm (noon)||8:30 am|
British Summer Time
Offset: BST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Britain (UK), Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
Principal Cities: The largest city in the BST timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Saint Helier
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
BST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for BST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
BST Abbreviation: Several time zones share BST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- British Summer Time - UTC +1
- Bangladesh Standard Time - UTC +6
- Bougainville Standard Time - UTC +11
Time zones with the GMT +1 offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- +01 -
Newfoundland Standard Time
Offset: NST is 3 hours and 30 minutes behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada
Principal Cities: The largest city in the NST timezone is St Johns from Canada with population about 99182 people. Other major cities in the area are Mount Pearl, Corner Brook, Conception Bay South
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT).
Start: NST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: NST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNT - Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve
NST representations, usage and related time zones
- -0330 - basic
- -03:30 - extended
- -0330 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (03) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates three hour and thirty minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.