Central Standard Time is 6 hours behind of Greenwich Mean Time
So 6:00 am06:00 in CST is 12:00 pm12:00 in GMT
6:00 am06:00 Central Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
12:00 pm12:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
6:00 am06:00 CST / 12:00 pm12:00 GMT
Central Daylight Time
Offset: CDT is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Cuba, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CDT timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Havana, Houston, Iztapalapa
Daylight Saving: Central Daylight Time (CDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Central Standard Time (CST).
End: CDT ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: CDT starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAC - Heure Avancée du Centre
Spanish: CT - Zona Centro
CDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for CDT
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
CDT Abbreviation: Several time zones share CDT abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Central Daylight Time - UTC -5
- Cuba Daylight Time - UTC -4
Time zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -
British Summer Time
Offset: BST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Britain (UK), Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
Principal Cities: The largest city in the BST timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Saint Helier
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
BST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for BST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
BST Abbreviation: Several time zones share BST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- British Summer Time - UTC +1
- Bangladesh Standard Time - UTC +6
- Bougainville Standard Time - UTC +11
Time zones with the GMT +1 offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- GMT - GMT
- +01 -