Eastern Daylight Time is 12 hours and 30 minutes behind of Pyongyang Time
12:00 am00:00 in EDT is 12:30 pm12:30 in KST
EST to KST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 6am-8am in EST which corresponds to 7:30pm-9:30pm in KST
12:00 am00:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
12:30 pm12:30 Pyongyang Time (KST). Offset UTC +8:30 hours
12:00 am00:00 EDT / 12:30 pm12:30 KST
|12am (midnight)||12:30 pm|
|12pm (noon)||12:30 am|
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
End: EST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -
Offset: KST is 8 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Daylight Saving: Pyongyang Time (KST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore KST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Pyongyang Time remains the same
KST representations, usage and related time zones
- +0830 - basic
- +08:30 - extended
- +0830 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Korea Standard Time - UTC +9
- Pyongyang Time - UTC +8:30