Central Standard Time is 2 hours and 30 minutes behind of Newfoundland Standard Time
So 8:30 am08:30 in CST is 11:00 am11:00 in NST
8:30 am08:30 Central Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
11:00 am11:00 Newfoundland Standard Time (NST). Offset UTC -3:30 hours
8:30 am08:30 CST / 11:00 am11:00 NST
|12am (midnight)||2:30 am|
|12pm (noon)||2:30 pm|
Central Standard Time
Offset: CST is 6 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CST timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Houston, Iztapalapa, Ecatepec
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Start: CST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: CST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNC - Heure Normale du Centre
Spanish: CT - Tiempo Central Estándar, CT - Zona Centro
CST representations, usage and related time zones
- -06 - basic short
- -0600 - basic
- -06:00 - extended
- -0600 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (06) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates six hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Sierra - Military abbreviation for CST
- S - short form of 'Sierra'
CST Abbreviation: Several time zones share CST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Central Standard Time - UTC -6
- China Standard Time - UTC +8
- Cuba Standard Time - UTC -5
Time zones with the GMT -6 offset:
- CST - Central Standard Time
- CT - Central Time
- MDT - Mountain Daylight Time
- EAST - Easter Island Standard Time
- GALT - Galapagos Time
- S - Sierra Time Zone
- -06 -
Newfoundland Standard Time
Offset: NST is 3 hours and 30 minutes behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada
Principal Cities: The largest city in the NST timezone is St Johns from Canada with population about 99,182 people. Other major cities in the area are Mount Pearl, Corner Brook, Conception Bay South
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT).
Start: NST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: NST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNT - Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve
NST representations, usage and related time zones
- -0330 - basic
- -03:30 - extended
- -0330 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (03) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates three hour and thirty minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.