Eastern Standard Time is 0 hours and 30 minutes behind of Venezuelan Standard Time
So 4:23 PM16:23 in EST is 4:53 PM16:53 in VET
4:23 PM16:23 Eastern Standard Time (EST). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
4:53 PM16:53 Venezuelan Standard Time (VET). Offset UTC -4:30 hours
4:23 PM16:23 EST / 4:53 PM16:53 VET
|12am (midnight)||12:30 am|
|12pm (noon)||12:30 pm|
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Start: EST starts annually the First Sunday of November at 2:00 AM local time and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 6, 2016, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: EST ends annually the Second Sunday of March at 2:00 AM local time and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 12, 2017, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
Time zones with the GMT -5:00 h offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- CST -
- ACT -
Venezuelan Standard Time
Offset: VET is 4 hours and 30 minutes behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in South America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Venezuela
Principal Cities: The largest city in the VET timezone is Caracas from Venezuela with population about 3 million people. Other major cities in the area are Maracaibo, Maracay, Valencia, Barquisimeto
Daylight Saving: Venezuelan Standard Time (VET) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore VET remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Venezuelan Standard Time remains the same
VET representations, usage and related time zones
- -0430 - basic
- -04:30 - extended
- -0430 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates four hour and thirty minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
VET Abbreviation: Several time zones share VET abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Venezuelan Standard Time - UTC -4:30 h
- - UTC -4:00 h
Time zones with the GMT -4:30 h offset:
- HLV - Hora Legal de Venezuela
- VET - Venezuelan Standard Time