Greenwich Mean Time is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time
So 1:00 pm13:00 in GMT is 8:00 am08:00 in EST
1:00 pm13:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
8:00 am08:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
1:00 pm13:00 GMT / 8:00 am08:00 EST
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
GMT Abbreviation: Several time zones share GMT abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Greenwich Mean Time - UTC +0
- GMT+08:00 - UTC +8
- GMT-03:00 - UTC -3
- GMT+10:00 - UTC +10
- GMT+03:00 - UTC +3
- GMT - UTC +1
- GMT+04:00 - UTC +4
- GMT-01:00 - UTC -1
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -
Eastern Daylight Time
Offset: EDT is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EDT timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Eastern Standard Time (EST).
End: EDT ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EDT starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAE - Heure Avancée de l'Est
Spanish: EDT - Tiempo de verano del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -04 - basic short
- -0400 - basic
- -04:00 - extended
- -0400 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates four hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Quebec - Military abbreviation for EDT
- Q - short form of 'Quebec'
Time zones with the GMT -4 offset:
- AST - Atlantic Standard Time
- EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
- AMT - Amazon Time
- BOT - Bolivia Time
- CDT - Cuba Daylight Time
- CLT - Chile Standard Time
- FKT - Falkland Island Time
- GYT - Guyana Time
- PYT - Paraguay Time
- Q - Quebec Time Zone
- VET - Venezuelan Standard Time
- -04 -