India Standard Time is 14 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Alaska Standard Time
4:00 pm16:00 in IST is 1:30 am01:30 in AKST
IST to AKDT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 7:30pm-9:30pm in IST which corresponds to 6am-8am in AKDT
4:00 pm16:00 India Standard Time (IST). Offset UTC +5:30 hours
1:30 am01:30 Alaska Standard Time (AKST). Offset UTC -9:00 hours
4:00 pm16:00 IST / 1:30 am01:30 AKST
|12am (midnight)||9:30 am|
|12pm (noon)||9:30 pm|
India Standard Time
Offset: IST is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: India
Principal Cities: The largest city in the IST timezone is Mumbai from India with population about 12.692 million people. Other major cities in the area are Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai
Daylight Saving: India Standard Time (IST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore IST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, India Standard Time remains the same
IST representations, usage and related time zones
- +0530 - basic
- +05:30 - extended
- +0530 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates five hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- India Standard Time - UTC +5:30
- Irish Standard Time - UTC +1
- Israel Standard Time - UTC +2
Alaska Daylight Time
Offset: AKDT is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AKDT timezone is Anchorage from USA with population about 291,826 people. Other major cities in the area are Fairbanks, Juneau, Eagle River, Badger
Daylight Saving: Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Alaska Standard Time (AKST).
End: AKDT ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: AKDT starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
AKDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -08 - basic short
- -0800 - basic
- -08:00 - extended
- -0800 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Uniform - Military abbreviation for AKDT
- U - short form of 'Uniform'
- AKDT - Alaska Daylight Time
- PST - Pacific Standard Time
- PT - Pacific Time
- YDT - Yukon Daylight Time
- PST - Pitcairn Standard Time
- U - Uniform Time Zone