Samoa Standard Time is 6 hours behind of Eastern Standard Time
7:30 pm19:30 in SST is 1:30 am01:30 in EST
SST to EST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-12pm in SST which corresponds to 2pm-6pm in EST
7:30 pm19:30 Samoa Standard Time (SST). Offset UTC -11:00 hours
1:30 am01:30 Eastern Standard Time (EST). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
7:30 pm19:30 SST / 1:30 am01:30 EST
Samoa Standard Time
Offset: SST is 11 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Pacific
Countries: It is used in following countries: Samoa (American), US minor outlying islands
Principal Cities: The largest city in the SST timezone is Pago Pago from American Samoa with population about 11,500 people.
Daylight Saving: Samoa Standard Time (SST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore SST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Samoa Standard Time remains the same
SST representations, usage and related time zones
- -11 - basic short
- -1100 - basic
- -11:00 - extended
- -1100 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (11) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eleven hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- X-ray - Military abbreviation for SST
- X - short form of 'X-ray'
Time zones with the GMT -11 offset:
- NUT - Niue Time
- SST - Samoa Standard Time
- X - X-ray Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Start: EST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: EST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
Time zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -