Zulu Time Zone is 4 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time
5:00 am05:00 in Z is 1:00 am01:00 in EDT
Z to EST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 1pm-6pm in Z which corresponds to 8am-1pm in EST
5:00 am05:00 Zulu Time Zone (Z). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
1:00 am01:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
5:00 am05:00 Z / 1:00 am01:00 EDT
Zulu Time Zone
Offset: Z is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Military
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
Z representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for Z
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
End: Eastern Standard Time (EST) has ended on Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 2:00 am local time and clocks were set one hour forward to Sunday, March 13, 2022, 3:00 am local daylight time instead. Standard time ends annually the on second Sunday of March.
Start: Eastern Standard Time (EST) starts on Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 2:00 am local time and clocks are set one hour back to Sunday, November 6, 2022, 1:00 am. Standard time starts annually the on first Sunday of November.
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone