Atlantic Standard Time is 4 hours behind of Greenwich Mean Time
2:00 am02:00 in AST is 6:00 am06:00 in GMT
AST to BST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-1pm in AST which corresponds to 1pm-6pm in BST
2:00 am02:00 Atlantic Standard Time (AST). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
6:00 am06:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
2:00 am02:00 AST / 6:00 am06:00 GMT
Atlantic Standard Time
Offset: AST is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Barbados, St Barthelemy, Bermuda, Caribbean NL, Canada, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Greenland, Guadeloupe, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Martin (French), Martinique, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, St Maarten (Dutch), Trinidad & Tobago, St Vincent, Virgin Islands (UK), Virgin Islands (US)
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AST timezone is Santo Domingo from Dominican Republic with population about 2.202 million people. Other major cities in the area are Santiago de los Caballeros, Santo Domingo Oeste, San Juan, Halifax
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT).
Start: AST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: AST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNA - Heure Normale de l'Atlantique
Spanish: AST - Tiempo Estándar del Atlántico
AST representations, usage and related time zones
- -04 - basic short
- -0400 - basic
- -04:00 - extended
- -0400 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates four hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Quebec - Military abbreviation for AST
- Q - short form of 'Quebec'
- Atlantic Standard Time - UTC -4
- Arabia Standard Time - UTC +3
- AST - Atlantic Standard Time
- EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
- AMT - Amazon Time
- BOT - Bolivia Time
- CDT - Cuba Daylight Time
- CLT - Chile Standard Time
- FKT - Falkland Island Time
- GYT - Guyana Time
- PYT - Paraguay Time
- Q - Quebec Time Zone
- VET - Venezuelan Standard Time
- -04 -
- EWT -
British Summer Time
Offset: BST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Britain (UK), Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
Principal Cities: The largest city in the BST timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Saint Helier
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
BST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for BST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
- British Summer Time - UTC +1
- Bangladesh Standard Time - UTC +6
- Bougainville Standard Time - UTC +11
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- GMT - GMT
- +01 -