Greenwich Mean Time is 0 hours ahead of Western European Time
So 12:00 pm12:00 in GMT is 12:00 pm12:00 in WET
12:00 pm12:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
12:00 pm12:00 Western European Time (WET). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
12:00 pm12:00 GMT / 12:00 pm12:00 WET
|12am (midnight)||12am (midnight)|
|12pm (noon)||12pm (noon)|
British Summer Time
Offset: BST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Britain (UK), Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
Principal Cities: The largest city in the BST timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Saint Helier
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
BST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for BST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
BST Abbreviation: Several time zones share BST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- British Summer Time - UTC +1
- Bangladesh Standard Time - UTC +6
- Bougainville Standard Time - UTC +11
Time zones with the GMT +1 offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- +01 -
Western European Time
Offset: WET is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Spain, Faroe Islands, Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WET timezone is Lisbon from Portugal with population about 517802 people. Other major cities in the area are Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Amadora
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Western European Summer Time (WEST).
Start: WET started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: WET ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
German: WEZ - Westeuropäische Zeit
WET representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for WET
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -