Central European Time is 0 hours ahead of West Africa Time
5:00 am05:00 in CET is 5:00 am05:00 in WAT
CEST to WAT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 9am-6pm in CEST which corresponds to 8am-5pm in WAT
5:00 am05:00 Central European Time (CET). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
5:00 am05:00 West Africa Time (WAT). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
5:00 am05:00 CET / 5:00 am05:00 WAT
|12am (midnight)||12am (midnight)|
|12pm (noon)||12pm (noon)|
Central European Summer Time
Offset: CEST is 2 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Andorra, Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Slovakia, San Marino, Vatican City
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CEST timezone is Berlin from Germany with population about 3.426 million people. Other major cities in the area are Madrid, Rome, Paris, Budapest
Daylight Saving: Central European Summer Time (CEST) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Central European Time (CET).
End: CEST ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 25 October 2020, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
Start: CEST starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 28 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
German: MESZ - Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
CEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +02 - basic short
- +0200 - basic
- +02:00 - extended
- +0200 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (02) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates two hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Bravo - Military abbreviation for CEST
- B - short form of 'Bravo'
Time zones with the GMT +2 offset:
- CEST - Central European Summer Time
- EET - Eastern European Time
- MESZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Sommerzeit
- B - Bravo Time Zone
- CAT - Central Africa Time
- IST - Israel Standard Time
- SAST - South Africa Standard Time
- WAST - West Africa Summer Time
West Africa Time
Offset: WAT is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Africa
Countries: It is used in following countries: Angola, Benin, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Central African Rep., Congo (Rep.), Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Niger, Nigeria, Chad
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WAT timezone is Lagos from Nigeria with population about 9 million people. Other major cities in the area are Kinshasa, Kano, Ibadan, Luanda
Daylight Saving: West Africa Time (WAT) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore WAT remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, West Africa Time remains the same
WAT representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for WAT
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
Time zones with the GMT +1 offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- GMT - GMT
- +01 -