Eastern Daylight Time is 8 hours and 30 minutes behind Afghanistan Time
4:00 pm16:00 in EDT is 12:30 am00:30 in AFT
EST to AFT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-10am in EST which corresponds to 5:30pm-7:30pm in AFT
4:00 pm16:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
12:30 am00:30 Afghanistan Time (AFT). Offset UTC +4:30 hours
4:00 pm16:00 EDT / 12:30 am00:30 AFT
|12am (midnight)||8:30 am|
|12pm (noon)||8:30 pm|
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
End: Eastern Standard Time (EST) has ended on Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 2:00 am local time and clocks were set one hour forward to Sunday, March 13, 2022, 3:00 am local daylight time instead. Standard time ends annually the on second Sunday of March.
Start: Eastern Standard Time (EST) starts on Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 2:00 am local time and clocks are set one hour back to Sunday, November 6, 2022, 1:00 am. Standard time starts annually the on first Sunday of November.
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
Offset: AFT is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
AFT representations, usage and related time zones
- +0430 - basic
- +04:30 - extended
- +0430 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates four hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- AFT - Afghanistan Time
- IRDT - Iran Daylight Time