Greenwich Mean Time is 4 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time
So 9:30 pm21:30 in GMT is 5:30 pm17:30 in EDT
9:30 pm21:30 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
5:30 pm17:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
9:30 pm21:30 GMT / 5:30 pm17:30 EDT
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
GMT Abbreviation: Several time zones share GMT abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Greenwich Mean Time - UTC +0
- GMT+06:30 - UTC +6:30
- GMT-04:00 - UTC -4
- GMT+04:00 - UTC +4
- GMT - UTC +1
- GMT+12:00 - UTC +12
- GMT+05:00 - UTC +5
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- GMT - GMT
Eastern Time (ET) is a general term used to describe the areas that observe either the Eastern Standard Time (EST) or Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) in the United States and Canada. ET is not static but switches between EDT and EST.
ET is also used somewhat as a de facto official time for all of the United States because it encompasses 17 U.S. states in the eastern part of the contiguous United States including the capital city Washington D.C., the most populous city New York and half of the country’s population.
In the United States nationally televised programs, evening newscasts, talent and awards shows, and any other nationally televised event that airs live on American television during prime time and on the weekends are broadcast live in the Eastern Time Zone. Major professional sports leagues MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL also provide their game times in Eastern Time, even if teams are from outside of Eastern Time.
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States.
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
ET representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for ET
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
ET Abbreviation: Several time zones share ET abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Eastern Time - UTC -5
- Tiempo del Este - UTC -5
Time zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -