Japan Standard Time is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time
11:30 am11:30 in JST is 10:30 pm22:30 in EDT
JST to ET call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8pm-10pm in JST which corresponds to 6am-8am in ET
11:30 am11:30 Japan Standard Time (JST). Offset UTC +9:00 hours
10:30 pm22:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
11:30 am11:30 JST / 10:30 pm22:30 EDT
Japan Standard Time
Offset: JST is 9 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Japan
Principal Cities: The largest city in the JST timezone is Tokyo from Japan with population about 8.337 million people. Other major cities in the area are Yokohama, Osaka shi, Nagoya shi, Sapporo
Daylight Saving: Japan Standard Time (JST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore JST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Japan Standard Time remains the same
JST representations, usage and related time zones
- +09 - basic short
- +0900 - basic
- +09:00 - extended
- +0900 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- India - Military abbreviation for JST
- I - short form of 'India'
- AWDT - Australian Western Daylight Time
- CHOST - Choibalsan Summer Time
- I - India Time Zone
- IRKST - Irkutsk Summer Time
- JST - Japan Standard Time
- KST - Korea Standard Time
- PWT - Palau Time
- TLT - East Timor Time
- ULAST - Ulaanbaatar Summer Time
- WIT - Eastern Indonesian Time
- YAKT - Yakutsk Time
- YST - Yakutsk Standard Time
- ETT - East Timor Time
- +09 -
- PT - Palau Time
Eastern Time (ET) is a general term used to describe the areas that observe either the Eastern Standard Time (EST) or Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) in the United States and Canada. ET is not static but switches between EDT and EST.
ET is also used somewhat as a de facto official time for all of the United States because it encompasses 17 U.S. states in the eastern part of the contiguous United States including the capital city Washington D.C., the most populous city New York and half of the country’s population.
In the United States nationally televised programs, evening newscasts, talent and awards shows, and any other nationally televised event that airs live on American television during prime time and on the weekends are broadcast live in the Eastern Time Zone. Major professional sports leagues MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL also provide their game times in Eastern Time, even if teams are from outside of Eastern Time.
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States.
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
ET representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for ET
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- Eastern Time - UTC -5
- Tiempo del Este - UTC -5
- Ecuador Time - UTC -5
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- ET - Ecuador Time
- PST - Peru Standard Time
- CST - Colombia Standard Time
- AST - Acre Standard Time
- -05 -