Israel Daylight Time is 3 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time
So 12:00 am00:00 in IDT is 9:00 pm21:00 in GMT
12:00 am00:00 Israel Daylight Time (IDT). Offset UTC +3:00 hours
9:00 pm21:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
12:00 am00:00 IDT / 9:00 pm21:00 GMT
Israel Standard Time
Offset: IST is 2 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Israel
Principal Cities: The largest city in the IST timezone is Jerusalem from Israel with population about 801000 people. Other major cities in the area are West Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv, Ashdod
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Israel Daylight Time (IDT).
End: IST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour forward on Friday, March 29, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: IST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
IST representations, usage and related time zones
- +02 - basic short
- +0200 - basic
- +02:00 - extended
- +0200 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (02) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates two hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Bravo - Military abbreviation for IST
- B - short form of 'Bravo'
IST Abbreviation: Several time zones share IST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- India Standard Time - UTC +5:30
- Irish Standard Time - UTC +1
- Israel Standard Time - UTC +2
Time zones with the GMT +2 offset:
- CEST - Central European Summer Time
- EET - Eastern European Time
- MESZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Sommerzeit
- B - Bravo Time Zone
- CAT - Central Africa Time
- IST - Israel Standard Time
- SAST - South Africa Standard Time
- WAST - West Africa Summer Time
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -