India Standard Time is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Central European Time
So 10:40 AM10:40 in IST is 6:10 AM06:10 in CET
10:40 AM10:40 India Standard Time (IST). Offset UTC +5:30 hours
6:10 AM06:10 Central European Time (CET). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
10:40 AM10:40 IST / 6:10 AM06:10 CET
|12am (midnight)||7:30 pm|
|12pm (noon)||7:30 am|
India Standard Time
Offset: IST is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: India
Principal Cities: The largest city in the IST timezone is Mumbai from India with population about 12.692 million people. Other major cities in the area are Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai
Daylight Saving: India Standard Time (IST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore IST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, India Standard Time remains the same
IST representations, usage and related time zones
- +0530 - basic
- +05:30 - extended
- +0530 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates five hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
IST Abbreviation: Several time zones share IST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- India Standard Time - UTC +5:30 h
- Irish Standard Time - UTC +1:00 h
- Israel Standard Time - UTC +2:00 h
Central European Time
Offset: CET is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Andorra, Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Algeria, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Slovakia, San Marino, Tunisia, Vatican City
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CET timezone is Berlin from Germany with population about 3.426 million people. Other major cities in the area are Madrid, Rome, Paris, Algiers
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Start: CET started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 29, 2017, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
End: CET ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 25, 2018, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
German: MEZ - Mitteleuropäische Zeit
CET representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for CET
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
Time zones with the GMT +1:00 h offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time