Central European Time is 2 hours behind of Eastern Africa Time
So 5:00 pm17:00 in CET is 7:00 pm19:00 in EAT
5:00 pm17:00 Central European Time (CET). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
7:00 pm19:00 Eastern Africa Time (EAT). Offset UTC +3:00 hours
5:00 pm17:00 CET / 7:00 pm19:00 EAT
Central European Summer Time
Offset: CEST is 2 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Andorra, Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, Slovenia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Slovakia, San Marino, Vatican City
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CEST timezone is Berlin from Germany with population about 3.426 million people. Other major cities in the area are Madrid, Rome, Paris, Budapest
Daylight Saving: Central European Summer Time (CEST) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Central European Time (CET).
End: CEST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
Start: CEST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
German: MESZ - Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
CEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +02 - basic short
- +0200 - basic
- +02:00 - extended
- +0200 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (02) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates two hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Bravo - Military abbreviation for CEST
- B - short form of 'Bravo'
Time zones with the GMT +2 offset:
- CEST - Central European Summer Time
- EET - Eastern European Time
- MESZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Sommerzeit
- B - Bravo Time Zone
- CAT - Central Africa Time
- IST - Israel Standard Time
- SAST - South Africa Standard Time
- WAST - West Africa Summer Time
Eastern Africa Time
Offset: EAT is 3 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Africa
Countries: It is used in following countries: Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Comoros, Madagascar, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Mayotte
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EAT timezone is Addis Ababa from Ethiopia with population about 2.758 million people. Other major cities in the area are Nairobi, Dar es Salaam, Mogadishu, Antananarivo
Daylight Saving: Eastern Africa Time (EAT) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore EAT remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Eastern Africa Time remains the same
EAT representations, usage and related time zones
- +03 - basic short
- +0300 - basic
- +03:00 - extended
- +0300 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (03) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates three hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Charlie - Military abbreviation for EAT
- C - short form of 'Charlie'
Time zones with the GMT +3 offset:
- EEST - Eastern European Summer Time
- MSK - Moscow Standard Time
- AST - Arabia Standard Time
- C - Charlie Time Zone
- EAT - Eastern Africa Time
- FET - Further Eastern European Time
- IDT - Israel Daylight Time
- TRT - Turkey Time
- +03 -