WET is NOT in use by many locationsWEST (Western European Summer Time) is used instead. Switch to WEST time zone or select one of the cities Lisbon, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto for automatic timezone change.
Eastern Daylight Time is 4 hours behind of Western European Time
So 1:30 pm13:30 in EDT is 5:30 pm17:30 in WET
1:30 pm13:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
5:30 pm17:30 Western European Time (WET). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
1:30 pm13:30 EDT / 5:30 pm17:30 WET
Eastern Daylight Time
Offset: EDT is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EDT timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places switch clocks for one hour back and observe Eastern Standard Time (EST).Start: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 10, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time. End: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAE - Heure Avancée de l'Est
Spanish: EDT - Tiempo de verano del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -04 - basic short
- -0400 - basic
- -04:00 - extended
- -0400 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (04) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates four hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Quebec - Military abbreviation for EDT
- Q - short form of 'Quebec'
Time zones with the GMT -4 offset:
- AST - Atlantic Standard Time
- EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
- AMT - Amazon Time
- BOT - Bolivia Time
- CDT - Cuba Daylight Time
- CLT - Chile Standard Time
- FKT - Falkland Island Time
- GYT - Guyana Time
- PYT - Paraguay Time
- Q - Quebec Time Zone
- VET - Venezuelan Standard Time
- -04 -
Western European Time
Offset: WET is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Spain, Faroe Islands, Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WET timezone is Lisbon from Portugal with population about 517802 people. Other major cities in the area are Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Amadora
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Western European Summer Time (WEST).
End: WET ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 31, 2019, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
Start: WET starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
German: WEZ - Westeuropäische Zeit
WET representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for WET
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Time zones with the GMT +0 offset:
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- +00 -