Japan Standard Time is 17 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time
12:00 am00:00 in JST is 7:00 am07:00 in PST
JST to PDT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 9pm-11pm in JST which corresponds to 5am-7am in PDT
12:00 am00:00 Japan Standard Time (JST). Offset UTC +9:00 hours
7:00 am07:00 Pacific Standard Time (PST). Offset UTC -8:00 hours
12:00 am00:00 JST / 7:00 am07:00 PST
Japan Standard Time
Offset: JST is 9 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Japan
Principal Cities: The largest city in the JST timezone is Tokyo from Japan with population about 8.337 million people. Other major cities in the area are Yokohama, Osaka shi, Nagoya shi, Sapporo
Daylight Saving: Japan Standard Time (JST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore JST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Japan Standard Time remains the same
JST representations, usage and related time zones
- +09 - basic short
- +0900 - basic
- +09:00 - extended
- +0900 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- India - Military abbreviation for JST
- I - short form of 'India'
- AWDT - Australian Western Daylight Time
- CHOST - Choibalsan Summer Time
- I - India Time Zone
- IRKST - Irkutsk Summer Time
- JST - Japan Standard Time
- KST - Korea Standard Time
- PWT - Palau Time
- TLT - East Timor Time
- ULAST - Ulaanbaatar Summer Time
- WIT - Eastern Indonesian Time
- YAKT - Yakutsk Time
- +09 -
Pacific Daylight Time
Offset: PDT is 7 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the PDT timezone is Los Angeles from USA with population about 3.793 million people. Other major cities in the area are Vancouver, Tijuana, San Diego, San Jose
Daylight Saving: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Pacific Standard Time (PST).
End: PDT ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: PDT starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAP - Heure Avancée du Pacifique
Spanish: PT - Zona Noroeste
PDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -07 - basic short
- -0700 - basic
- -07:00 - extended
- -0700 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (07) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates seven hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Tango - Military abbreviation for PDT
- T - short form of 'Tango'
- MST - Mountain Standard Time
- PDT - Pacific Daylight Time
- T - Tango Time Zone