New Zealand Standard Time is 16 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time
2:30 pm14:30 in NZST is 10:30 pm22:30 in EDT
NZST to EST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 9:30pm-11:30pm in NZST which corresponds to 4:30am-6:30am in EST
2:30 pm14:30 New Zealand Standard Time (NZST). Offset UTC +12:00 hours
10:30 pm22:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
2:30 pm14:30 NZST / 10:30 pm22:30 EDT
New Zealand Standard Time
Offset: NZST is 12 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Pacific
Countries: It is used in following countries: Antarctica, New Zealand
Principal Cities: The largest city in the NZST timezone is Auckland from New Zealand with population about 1.535 million people. Other major cities in the area are Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT).
Start: NZST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 04 April 2021, at 3:00 (3:00 am) local time.
End: NZST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 26 September 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
NZST representations, usage and related time zones
- +12 - basic short
- +1200 - basic
- +12:00 - extended
- +1200 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (12) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates twelve hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Mike - Military abbreviation for NZST
- M - short form of 'Mike'
- ANAST - Anadyr Summer Time
- ANAT - Anadyr Time
- FJT - Fiji Time
- GILT - Gilbert Island Time
- M - Mike Time Zone
- MAGST - Magadan Summer Time
- MAGT - Magadan Time
- MHT - Marshall Islands Time
- NRT - Nauru Time
- NZST - New Zealand Standard Time
- PETST - Kamchatka Summer Time
- TVT - Tuvalu Time
- WFT - Wallis and Futuna Time
- +12 -
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
End: EST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- GMT - GMT-05:00
- -05 -