Pacific Standard Time is 2 hours behind of Central Standard Time
12:00 pm12:00 in PST is 2:00 pm14:00 in CST
PST to CDT call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-3pm in PST which corresponds to 11am-6pm in CDT
12:00 pm12:00 Pacific Standard Time (PST). Offset UTC -8:00 hours
2:00 pm14:00 Central Standard Time (CST). Offset UTC -6:00 hours
12:00 pm12:00 PST / 2:00 pm14:00 CST
Pacific Standard Time
Offset: PST is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the PST timezone is Los Angeles from USA with population about 3.793 million people. Other major cities in the area are Vancouver, Tijuana, San Diego, San Jose
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
Start: PST started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: PST ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNP - Heure Normale du Pacifique
Spanish: PT - Tiempo del Pacífico, PT - Zona Noroeste
PST representations, usage and related time zones
- -08 - basic short
- -0800 - basic
- -08:00 - extended
- -0800 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Uniform - Military abbreviation for PST
- U - short form of 'Uniform'
PST Abbreviation: Several time zones share PST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Pacific Standard Time - UTC -8
- Pitcairn Standard Time - UTC -8
Time zones with the GMT -8 offset:
- AKDT - Alaska Daylight Time
- PST - Pacific Standard Time
- PT - Pacific Time
- YDT - Yukon Daylight Time
- PST - Pitcairn Standard Time
- U - Uniform Time Zone
Central Daylight Time
Offset: CDT is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Cuba, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CDT timezone is Mexico City from Mexico with population about 12.294 million people. Other major cities in the area are Chicago, Havana, Houston, Iztapalapa
Daylight Saving: Central Daylight Time (CDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Central Standard Time (CST).
End: CDT ended and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 01 November 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: CDT starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAC - Heure Avancée du Centre
Spanish: CT - Zona Centro
CDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for CDT
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
CDT Abbreviation: Several time zones share CDT abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Central Daylight Time - UTC -5
- Cuba Daylight Time - UTC -4
Time zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -