AEST is NOT in use by many locationsAEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) is used instead. Switch to AEDT time zone or select one of the cities Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast) for automatic timezone change.
Eastern Indonesian Time is 1 hours behind Australian Eastern Standard Time
8:30 pm20:30 in WIT is 9:30 pm21:30 in AEST
WIT to AEST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-5pm in WIT which corresponds to 9am-6pm in AEST
8:30 pm20:30 Eastern Indonesian Time (WIT). Offset UTC +9:00 hours
9:30 pm21:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Offset UTC +10:00 hours
8:30 pm20:30 WIT / 9:30 pm21:30 AEST
Eastern Indonesian Time
Offset: WIT is 9 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Indonesia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WIT timezone is Ambon from Indonesia with population about 355,596 people. Other major cities in the area are Jayapura, Sorong, Ternate, Abepura
Daylight Saving: Eastern Indonesian Time (WIT) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore WIT remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Eastern Indonesian Time remains the same
WIT representations, usage and related time zones
- +09 - basic short
- +0900 - basic
- +09:00 - extended
- +0900 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (09) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates nine hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- India - Military abbreviation for WIT
- I - short form of 'India'
- Eastern Indonesian Time - UTC +9
- Western Indonesia Time - UTC +7:30
- AWDT - Australian Western Daylight Time
- CHOST - Choibalsan Summer Time
- I - India Time Zone
- IRKST - Irkutsk Summer Time
- JST - Japan Standard Time
- KST - Korea Standard Time
- PWT - Palau Time
- TLT - East Timor Time
- ULAST - Ulaanbaatar Summer Time
- WIT - Eastern Indonesian Time
- YAKT - Yakutsk Time
Australian Eastern Standard Time
Offset: AEST is 10 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Australia
Countries: It is used in following countries: Australia
Principal Cities: The largest city in the AEST timezone is Sydney from Australia with population about 4.627 million people. Other major cities in the area are Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra
End: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) has ended on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 2:00 am local time and clocks were set one hour forward to Sunday, October 2, 2022, 3:00 am local daylight time instead. Standard time ends annually the on first Sunday of October.
Start: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) starts on Sunday, April 2, 2023 at 3:00 am local time and clocks are set one hour back to Sunday, April 2, 2023, 2:00 am. Standard time starts annually the on first Sunday of April.
Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) is used in Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Australian Capital Territory and in folling major cities Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
Only part of Australia observe daylight saving. It is used in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory. Daylight saving is not observed in Queensland, Western Australia or the Northern Territory.
AEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +10 - basic short
- +1000 - basic
- +10:00 - extended
- +1000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (10) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates ten hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Kilo - Military abbreviation for AEST
- K - short form of 'Kilo'
- AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
- CHUT - Chuuk Time
- ChST - Chamorro Standard Time
- K - Kilo Time Zone
- KDT - Korea Daylight Time
- PGT - Papua New Guinea Time
- VLAT - Vladivostok Time
- YAKST - Yakutsk Summer Time
- YAPT - Yap Time