Central Africa Time is 9 hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time
So 1:00 pm13:00 in CAT is 4:00 am04:00 in PDT
1:00 pm13:00 Central Africa Time (CAT). Offset UTC +2:00 hours
4:00 am04:00 Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Offset UTC -7:00 hours
1:00 pm13:00 CAT / 4:00 am04:00 PDT
Central Africa Time
Offset: CAT is 2 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Africa
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burundi, Botswana, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sudan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Principal Cities: The largest city in the CAT timezone is Khartoum from Sudan with population about 1.975 million people. Other major cities in the area are Harare, Lubumbashi, Lusaka, Omdurman
Daylight Saving: Central Africa Time (CAT) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore CAT remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, Central Africa Time remains the same
CAT representations, usage and related time zones
- +02 - basic short
- +0200 - basic
- +02:00 - extended
- +0200 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (02) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates two hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Bravo - Military abbreviation for CAT
- B - short form of 'Bravo'
Time zones with the GMT +2 offset:
- CEST - Central European Summer Time
- EET - Eastern European Time
- MESZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Sommerzeit
- B - Bravo Time Zone
- CAT - Central Africa Time
- IST - Israel Standard Time
- SAST - South Africa Standard Time
- WAST - West Africa Summer Time
Pacific Standard Time
Offset: PST is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the PST timezone is Los Angeles from USA with population about 3.793 million people. Other major cities in the area are Vancouver, Tijuana, San Diego, San Jose
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
End: PST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: PST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNP - Heure Normale du Pacifique
Spanish: PT - Tiempo del Pacífico, PT - Zona Noroeste
PST representations, usage and related time zones
- -08 - basic short
- -0800 - basic
- -08:00 - extended
- -0800 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Uniform - Military abbreviation for PST
- U - short form of 'Uniform'
PST Abbreviation: Several time zones share PST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Pacific Standard Time - UTC -8
- Pitcairn Standard Time - UTC -8
Time zones with the GMT -8 offset:
- AKDT - Alaska Daylight Time
- PST - Pacific Standard Time
- PT - Pacific Time
- YDT - Yukon Daylight Time
- PST - Pitcairn Standard Time
- U - Uniform Time Zone