Eastern Daylight Time is 5 hours behind of Western European Summer Time
5:30 pm17:30 in EDT is 10:30 pm22:30 in WEST
EST to WEST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 8am-12pm in EST which corresponds to 2pm-6pm in WEST
5:30 pm17:30 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
10:30 pm22:30 Western European Summer Time (WEST). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
5:30 pm17:30 EDT / 10:30 pm22:30 WEST
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
End: EST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- PST - Peru Standard Time
- CST - Colombia Standard Time
- ET - Ecuador Time
- -05 -
Western European Summer Time
Offset: WEST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Spain, Faroe Islands, Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WEST timezone is Lisbon from Portugal with population about 517,802 people. Other major cities in the area are Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Amadora
Daylight Saving: Western European Summer Time (WEST) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places switch clocks for one hour back and observe Western European Time (WET).Start: Western European Summer Time (WEST) starts annually the on last Sunday of March and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 28 March 2021, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time. End: Western European Summer Time (WEST) ends annually the on last Sunday of October and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 31 October 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
German: WESZ - Westeuropäische Sommerzeit
WEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for WEST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- GMT - GMT
- +01 -