WEST is NOT in use by many locationsWET (Western European Time) is used instead. Switch to WET time zone or select one of the cities Lisbon, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto for automatic timezone change.
Eastern Standard Time is 6 hours behind of Western European Summer Time
So 4:30 am04:30 in EST is 10:30 am10:30 in WEST
4:30 am04:30 Eastern Standard Time (EST). Offset UTC -5:00 hours
10:30 am10:30 Western European Summer Time (WEST). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
4:30 am04:30 EST / 10:30 am10:30 WEST
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Start: EST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: EST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zones
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
Time zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- -05 -
Western European Summer Time
Offset: WEST is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Spain, Faroe Islands, Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WEST timezone is Lisbon from Portugal with population about 517802 people. Other major cities in the area are Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Amadora
Daylight Saving: Western European Summer Time (WEST) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Western European Time (WET).
End: WEST ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, October 27, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: WEST starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
German: WESZ - Westeuropäische Sommerzeit
WEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for WEST
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
Time zones with the GMT +1 offset:
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- +01 -