India Standard Time is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Eastern European Time
So 9:08 PM21:08 in IST is 5:38 PM17:38 in EET
9:08 PM21:08 India Standard Time (IST). Offset UTC +5:30 hours
5:38 PM17:38 Eastern European Time (EET). Offset UTC +2:00 hours
9:08 PM21:08 IST / 5:38 PM17:38 EET
|12am (midnight)||8:30 pm|
|12pm (noon)||8:30 am|
India Standard Time
Offset: IST is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Asia
Countries: It is used in following countries: India
Principal Cities: The largest city in the IST timezone is Mumbai from India with population about 12.692 million people. Other major cities in the area are Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai
Daylight Saving: India Standard Time (IST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore IST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, India Standard Time remains the same
IST representations, usage and related time zones
- +0530 - basic
- +05:30 - extended
- +0530 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (30) of the offset. Indicates five hour and thirty minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
IST Abbreviation: Several time zones share IST abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- India Standard Time - UTC +5:30 h
- Irish Standard Time - UTC +1:00 h
- Israel Standard Time - UTC +2:00 h
Eastern European Summer Time
Offset: EEST is 3 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Aaland Islands, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Jordan, Lebanon, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova, Palestine, Romania, Syria, Ukraine
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EEST timezone is Kiev from Ukraine with population about 2.798 million people. Other major cities in the area are Beirut, Bucharest, Aleppo, Damascus
Daylight Saving: Eastern European Summer Time (EEST) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Eastern European Time (EET).
End: EEST ended and clocks were set one hour back on Friday, October 27, 2017, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
Start: EEST starts and clocks are set one hour forward on Friday, March 30, 2018, at 0:00 (0:00 am) local time.
German: OESZ - Osteuropäische Sommerzeit
EEST representations, usage and related time zones
- +03 - basic short
- +0300 - basic
- +03:00 - extended
- +0300 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (03) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates three hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Charlie - Military abbreviation for EEST
- C - short form of 'Charlie'
Time zones with the GMT +3:00 h offset:
- EEST - Eastern European Summer Time
- MSK - Moscow Standard Time
- AST - Arabia Standard Time
- C - Charlie Time Zone
- EAT - Eastern Africa Time
- FET - Further Eastern European Time
- IDT - Israel Daylight Time
- TRT - Turkey Time
- +03 -