Pacific Standard Time is 10 hours behind of South Africa Standard Time
So 7:00 pm19:00 in PST is 5:00 am05:00 in SAST
7:00 pm19:00 Pacific Standard Time (PST). Offset UTC -8:00 hours
5:00 am05:00 South Africa Standard Time (SAST). Offset UTC +2:00 hours
7:00 pm19:00 PST / 5:00 am05:00 SAST
Pacific Daylight Time
Offset: PDT is 7 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the PDT timezone is Los Angeles from USA with population about 3.793 million people. Other major cities in the area are Vancouver, Tijuana, San Diego, San Jose
Daylight Saving: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is a daylight saving/summer timezone, however during winter some places adjust time for one hour back and observe Pacific Standard Time (PST).
End: PDT ends annually on the same date and time. and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: PDT starts annually on the same date and time. and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HAP - Heure Avancée du Pacifique
Spanish: PT - Zona Noroeste
PDT representations, usage and related time zones
- -07 - basic short
- -0700 - basic
- -07:00 - extended
- -0700 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (07) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates seven hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Tango - Military abbreviation for PDT
- T - short form of 'Tango'
Time zones with the GMT -7 offset:
- MST - Mountain Standard Time
- PDT - Pacific Daylight Time
- T - Tango Time Zone
South Africa Standard Time
Offset: SAST is 2 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Africa
Countries: It is used in following countries: Lesotho, Swaziland, South Africa
Principal Cities: The largest city in the SAST timezone is Cape Town from South Africa with population about 3.433 million people. Other major cities in the area are Durban, Johannesburg, Soweto, Pretoria
Daylight Saving: South Africa Standard Time (SAST) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore SAST remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, South Africa Standard Time remains the same
SAST representations, usage and related time zones
- +02 - basic short
- +0200 - basic
- +02:00 - extended
- +0200 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (02) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates two hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Bravo - Military abbreviation for SAST
- B - short form of 'Bravo'
Time zones with the GMT +2 offset:
- CEST - Central European Summer Time
- EET - Eastern European Time
- MESZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Sommerzeit
- B - Bravo Time Zone
- CAT - Central Africa Time
- IST - Israel Standard Time
- SAST - South Africa Standard Time
- WAST - West Africa Summer Time