West Africa Time is 1 hour ahead of Western European Time
12:00 am00:00 in WAT is 11:00 pm23:00 in WET
WAT to WET call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 9am-6pm in WAT which corresponds to 8am-5pm in WET
12:00 am00:00 West Africa Time (WAT). Offset UTC +1:00 hour
11:00 pm23:00 Western European Time (WET). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
12:00 am00:00 WAT / 11:00 pm23:00 WET
West Africa Time
Offset: WAT is 1 hour ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Africa
Countries: It is used in following countries: Angola, Benin, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Central African Rep., Congo (Rep.), Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Niger, Nigeria, Chad
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WAT timezone is Lagos from Nigeria with population about 9 million people. Other major cities in the area are Kinshasa, Kano, Ibadan, Luanda
Daylight Saving: West Africa Time (WAT) is not adjusted for daylight saving therefore WAT remains the same through out the year. This means, unlike some time zones where the clock is set forward by one hour every summer and backward by one hour during winter to adjust for daylight saving, West Africa Time remains the same
WAT representations, usage and related time zones
- +01 - basic short
- +0100 - basic
- +01:00 - extended
- +0100 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (01) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates one hour and zero minutes time differences to the east of the zero meridian.
- Alpha - Military abbreviation for WAT
- A - short form of 'Alpha'
- BST - British Summer Time
- CET - Central European Time
- IST - Irish Standard Time
- WEST - Western European Summer Time
- A - Alpha Time Zone
- CET - Central European Time
- MEZ - MitteleuropÃ¤ische Zeit
- WAT - West Africa Time
- WST - Western Sahara Summer Time
- BMT - Biel Mean Time
- GMT - GMT
- +01 -
Western European Time
Offset: WET is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Spain, Faroe Islands, Portugal
Principal Cities: The largest city in the WET timezone is Lisbon from Portugal with population about 517,802 people. Other major cities in the area are Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Porto, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Amadora
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places switch clocks for one hour forward when daylight saving comes into effect and observe Western European Summer Time (WEST).
Start: WET started and clocks were set one hour back on Sunday, 25 October 2020, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
End: WET ends and clocks are set one hour forward on Sunday, 28 March 2021, at 1:00 (1:00 am) local time.
German: WEZ - Westeuropäische Zeit
WET representations, usage and related time zones
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for WET
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone